Air transportation is subject to the individual contract terms (including rules, regulations, tariffs and conditions) of transporting air carriers, which are incorporated by reference into every ticket for travel and made part of the Contract of Carriage. Incorporated terms may include, but are not restricted to:
- Limits on liability for personal injury or death
- Limits on liability for baggage, including fragile or perishable goods and availability of excess valuation coverage
- Claims restrictions, including time periods in which passengers must file a claim or bring action against the carrier
- Rights of the air carrier to change terms of the contract
- Rules on reconfirmation of reservations, check-in times, and refusal to carry
- Rights of the air carrier and limits on liability for delay or failure to perform service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternate air carriers or aircraft, and rerouting.
You can obtain additional information on items 1 through 6 above at any U.S. location where the transporting air carrier’s tickets are sold. You have the right to inspect the full text of each transporting air carrier’s rules at its airport and city ticket offices. You also have the right, upon request, to receive free of charge the full text of the applicable terms incorporated by reference from each of the transporting air carriers. Information on ordering the full text of each carrier’s terms is available at any U.S. location where the air carrier’s tickets are sold.