Because every passenger is unique, XL Airways does all it can to meet your needs. The information below will help you plan your journey according to your own specific requirements.
Passengers with reduced mobility
Will you need special assistance on your upcoming XL Airways flight? Fill in our contact form . Important: your request is subject to acceptation of the airline. After this deadline, we will do everything we can to provide the necessary assistance, but can make no guarantees.
To help you manage your journey, XL Airways offers the following services:
- transportation of a registered service dog in the cabin or in the hold (subject to relevant national regulations),
- transportation of a maximum of 2 mobility aids per passenger with reduced mobility (barring medical equipment). This includes a motorized wheelchair (48 hours' notice is required, the airline must confirm there is necessary space aboard the aircraft and legislation concerning dangerous goods is applicable without prejudice),
- all possible efforts, within reason, to allocate space so as to meet the needs (upon request) of any passengers with reduced mobility, while complying with safety regulations as well as availability,
- assistance to the restroom upon request.
- all possible efforts, within reason, to seat a companion next to the passenger with reduced mobility.
To request any of these services, please fill out a contact form.
Important: Transportation by stretcher and/or the constant use of therapeutic oxygen are not authorized on XL Airways France flights.
On departure from and arrival at airports in non-EU member countries, XL Airways applies the regula-tions in force in the country in question.
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006, applicable to departures or arrivals at airports within the European Union, the airline may refuse to carry a passenger with reduced mobility:
- in order to meet applicable safety requirements, or
- if the size of the aircraft or its doors makes the embarkation or carriage of that person physically impossible.
Consumers can obtain a copy of Part 382, the U.S. Department of Transportation regulations regarding nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in air travel, in an accessible format from the Department of Transportation by any of the following means:
- For calls made from within the United States, by telephone via the Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY),
- By telephone to the Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY),
- By mail to the Air Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-432, Washington, DC 20590.
- On the Aviation Consumer Protection Division's Web site.
Passengers of large build
We do all we can to ensure that every one of our passengers travels as comfortably as possible. The travel arrangements for passengers of large build vary depending on how you reserve your trip. Regardless of the situation, an additional seat will not be allocated automatically.
- When XL Airways is the contract air carrier, the passenger may be allowed to use an additional seat free of charge, if there is one available.
- When XL Airways is the operating carrier, passengers are strongly advised to check the sales policy of the tour operator, who shall have sole discretion as to whether to assign a second seat for a fee or free of charge.
Passengers who want to be sure of having two seats can reserve an extra seat from the airline's call center on 1-877-496-9889.
Passenger safety obligations may result in a passenger being denied boarding if a second seat is required.
On departure from and arrival at airports in non-EU member countries, XL Airways applies the regulations in force in the country in question.
Pregnant women may travel on XL Airways flights until the end of their 8th month of pregnancy.
However many months pregnant they are, they must be in possession of a medical certificate of good health issued by a doctor no more than 8 days before the scheduled departure of the flight, indicating that there is no reason why they should not make the flight in question.
This certificate must specify how many months pregnant the passenger will be at the time of the trip and state that she is not suffering from any pathological conditions. For round trips, the medical certificate must explicitly authorize the bearer to fly for the entire duration of the trip.
Only a health professional may issue a decision as to the passenger's state of health. A medical certificate issued by a general practitioner is also acceptable.
Passengers with a special diet
Do you have special dietary requirements? Order a vegetarian / vegan meal for your next flight.
You must make your request no later than 96 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight and you can do so at the time of reservation, be it on our website, via our call centre or through your travel agent. If your ticket has already been issued, you can make the request directly online on My booking page.