GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE No. CGV-092017-FPF -EN-V1.1 Final XL AIRWAYS FRANCE
a. The terms "we" and "us" refer to XL Airways France:
- Legal form: Public limited company (Société Anonyme) with share capital of €17,997,200 Address: BP 13760, 95727 Roissy CDG Cedex, France
- Registered in the Bobigny Company Register under number 401 858 659
- French data protection authority (CNIL) authorization number 1430699
- Carrier code shown on Tickets: SE
b. The term "you" refers to any person who books, purchases and/or benefits from a Service.
c. The term "General Conditions of Sale" refers to these general conditions of sale, No. CGV-092017-FPF-EN-V1.1. Final, composed of clauses I to IX, the appendices and the General Conditions of Carriage, which are included by reference. The General Conditions of Carriage form an integral part of the General Conditions of Sale.
d. The term "General Conditions of Carriage" denotes the general conditions of carriage of XL Airways France with reference number CC-062017-FPF or any other document that subsequently replaces them.
e. The term "Additional Service" denotes Seat Selection or the purchase of an excess baggage allowance or the purchase of specific meal or any other service incidental to the flight itself, and for which we have received payment in addition to payment for the flight itself.
f. The term "child" denotes a minor who is over two years of age and has not reached his or her twelfth birthday by the time the journey starts.
g. The term "coupon" denotes the part of the ticket identified as "valid for travel" or, in the case of an e-ticket, the electronic coupon indicating the exact points between which you, the Passenger, are to be carried.
h. The term "day" shall be understood to mean a "calendar day" unless otherwise specified.
i. The term "infant" denotes a minor who has not reached his or her second birthday by the time the journey starts.
j. The term "service" denotes a journey by air or an Additional Service.
l. The term "ticket" refers to the document, in paper or paperless (including electronic) form, which confers a right to travel and which is issued by our agent or by a third party. It constitutes the Contract of Carriage.
1. The General Conditions of Sale concern the services described here, which are offered to consumers or non-business users via various distribution channels:
1.1. On the websites www.xl.com; www.xl.com/en; www.xl.com/us;
1.2. Through our accredited representatives or agents, such as travel agencies;
1.3. By telephone using the following numbers:
- For France: 0892 692 123 (0,35€ per min plus operator additional charge)
- For Belgium : 02 712 05 89
- For other European countries : +33 3 51 86 00 22
- For the USA: 877 496 98 89
- For Mexico : 01 800 501 82 12
For Israel : +972 768 029 029
2. The General Conditions of Sale do not apply to:
2.1. Sales to any corporation with which we are doing business;
2.2. Contracts of carriage formalized by paper or electronic control cards issued under a chartering agreement between us and a tour operator;
2.3. Sales made by unauthorized third parties with whom you have agreed different terms and conditions of sale. In such cases, your only point of contact in relation to your ticket is that third-party seller. However, the General Conditions of Carriage are still applicable to your journey. If you consider that the seller has not properly informed you of the General Conditions of Carriage applicable to your journey, you must contact him. If you or your luggage are not transported, or not properly transported, you must make a complaint to us in writing within the time limit laid down under the applicable law. These time limits are given in the General Conditions of Carriage.
3. The booking and purchase of services is open only to people who have unconditionally accepted the General Conditions of Sale in their entirety. The General Conditions of Sale form an integral part of the contract concluded with us.
4. By booking or purchasing a service:
You certify that you have checked beforehand that the services concerned meet your requirements.
You certify that you have (i) downloaded the General Conditions of Sale onto a permanent and sustainable medium; or (ii) printed them so that you can refer to them later, in particular during the performance of the purchased service.
5. The General Conditions of Sale shall take effect on September 11, 2017 and govern all new bookings. This edition supersedes the previous edition.
Here, we detail all the general points applicable to all tickets, as well as certain points specific to certain tickets. However, before making your purchase, you should refer to the General Conditions of Carriage, or contact us.
1. Non-transferability of tickets
1.1. Tickets bear the name of their holder and may not be transferred.
1.2. You must produce proof of identity, such as a national identity card or a passport, whenever asked.
1.3. The spelling of names, civility, and inversions first name-surname may be corrected, subject to the payment of:
- €50 per intervention and per ticket for a short- or medium-haul destinations (including Tel Aviv)
- €80 per intervention and per ticket for a long-haul destinations; or
In all cases, the request must reach us no later than 72 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
1.4. If the ticket was purchased by telephone from the call centers or on one of our websites www.xl.com/fr; www.xl.com/en; www.xl.com/us; the correction request must be made by telephone to one of our call centers (refer to article II.1.3) or by email using the address www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or on their English versions www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us. When the purchase has been made by other means, corrections may only be requested from the agency that issued the ticket.
2. Validity of tickets
Unless otherwise specified on the ticket, in these General Conditions of Sale or in the applicable fares, a ticket shall be valid for:
- One year from its date of issue; Or
- One year from the date of the first journey indicated on the ticket, provided that the first journey takes place within one year following the date of issue, whichever is later.
3. Flight times, routes and connections
3.1. The complexity of air transport operations is such that we cannot always guarantee strict compliance with scheduled flight times. Nevertheless, we undertake to do everything necessary to transport you and your luggage with reasonable care.
3.2. Connections are not guaranteed. Consequently, if you are organizing your travel to your airport of departure or from your airport of arrival yourself, we advise you to book exchangeable or indeed refundable travel tickets in order to avoid any risk of financial loss.
4. Passengers with special needs
The carriage of persons with reduced mobility cannot be refused, unless otherwise provided by the European regulations or the regulations applicable to the journey concerned.
Two types of infant tickets are available depending on the applied price reduction:
4.1.1. The infant ticket with a 90% price reduction of the adult fare:
- This ticket does not include a seat on the airplane. The infant must travel on the knees of a self-sufficient adult. Refer to the General Conditions of Carriage.
- This ticket does not allow the transport of a checked baggage, except in some cases for some flights.
- This ticket allows the transport of one (1) piece of luggage in the cabin up to a maximum of five (5) kilos.
4.1.2. The infant ticket with a 25% price reduction of the adult fare (or a 33% price reduction of the adult fare for flight from/to French overseas departments):
- This ticket includes a seat on the airplane. However, you must nonetheless provide at your own cost a baby seat approved for air transport which can be fixed on the seat of the airplane;
- This ticket allows the transport of checked baggage.
- This ticket allows the transport of one (1) piece of luggage in the cabin up to a maximum of five (5) kilos
4.2. Children traveling alone
Unaccompanied minors: Minors who have reached the age of 5 but have not yet reached the age of 12 by the time the journey starts and who are traveling alone must be declared to us prior to purchase of the ticket.
Unaccompanied children can only be carried if we have given you our consent before you make your purchase.
To purchase a ticket for unaccompanied minors, contact:
- Our call centers (refer to article II.1.3)
- Any travel agency.
Minors who have reached the age of 12 may travel alone without any special assistance.
However subject to the Carrier’s consent at least three (3) business days before the day of the first departure and payment of an additional fee, minors over 12 years and less than 17 years may be treated as Unaccompanied Minors. Booking is only available by phone (see contact details above).
4.3. Passengers with reduced mobility/Disabled passengers
If you need special assistance due to a disability or reduced mobility, you must contact us as early as possible. We strongly recommend that you inform us of your presence and needs at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
We recommend that you contact us before purchasing your ticket so that we can check that our airline will be able to meet your requirements. If your ticket is already purchased and we are unable to meet the conditions of carriage, we will refund the purchase price.
Subject to the applicable law and regulations, we may ask for you to travel with an accompanying person if the presence of such a person is necessary (i) for your safety or (ii) for your health or (iii) if it appears that you do not understand the emergency evacuation instructions or (iv) if you are not able to exit the aircraft unassisted in the event of an emergency evacuation. Refer to the General Conditions of Carriage. In some circumstances, we may charge the carriage of the safety assistant. Please contact us.
See more information in the conditions of carriage.
4.4. Corpulent passengers
Corpulent passengers may be allocated an additional seat free-of-charge if the seat is available at the time of check-in on the day of the flight. However, we may refuse to allow you to travel if a second seat is unavailable in the class in which you are traveling. We therefore recommend that you purchase a second seat when making your initial purchase.
The choice of two seats side-by-side may be limited due to restricted availability or the layout of the aircraft, as some seats have fixed armrests. Contact us prior to your purchase.
Each ticket entitles the holder to carry a certain number of items of luggage(s), subject to the weight and size restrictions set out in the General Conditions of Carriage and stipulated on your ticket, the “allowance”. If you exceed these allowances, you will be liable to pay additional charges as specified in the General Conditions of Carriage.
XL Airways France checks in your luggage to the destination shown on your XL Airways France ticket. If you have a ticket with another airline after your XL Airways France flight that takes you to a destination different from the one indicated on you XL Airways France ticket , you must collect your luggage and re-check for your next connection. Please make sure you comply with the immigration formalities of your XL Airways France flight destination.
The carriage of animals is subject to our prior approval and to the payment of the applicable fee for the carriage of your animal. Service animals are carried free-of-charge.
Even if we have agreed to carry an animal, if the conditions of carriage specified in the General Conditions of Carriage are not met on the day of the flight, your animal will not be carried. If you are not responsible for this non-compliance, it may be carried on another flight free of charge, or you will be reimbursed.
The list of animals accepted on our flights and the applicable restrictions to their carriage are stated in the General Conditions of Carriage.
1. The prices offered are only guaranteed once full payment has been received, or, as the case may be, after a booking reference has been issued. If you book without paying for your ticket within the specified time limit, we may cancel your booking.
2. The fare corresponds to a journey from the airport of departure to the airport of arrival, as indicated on the ticket, in the travel class booked. All other transports and services are not part of the contract. The fare is that applicable to your journey at the time of booking, for the dates and travel class requested and for the number of people indicated in your request. If the conditions of your fare so allow, you may change your date of travel, but this may be subject to an additional charge.
3. The fare is based on the information you supply and you must provide the necessary supporting documents to prove your eligibility for the fare selected.
Some examples (not an exhaustive list):
If you purchase a ticket for a child aged under two years, you must provide proof of the child's age. If you do not do so, you may have to pay the fare applicable on the day of travel.
If you pay a group rate and your group is reduced in size such that you no longer meet the conditions to benefit from this rate, each ticket-holder must pay the additional price applicable on the day of travel.
4. Some services are optional.
5. Fares include airport taxes and other charges related to air transport known on the date of purchase, as well as any charges added by the airline (the “Carrier Imposed Charges” such as YQ). These are generally identified separately on the ticket. Some taxes, in particular exit taxes, are not included. These are payable at your destination, in the local currency or in US dollars.
6. Service fees apply to your purchase. These are detailed in Appendix 1 for sales made via our distribution channels. If you purchase tickets from sellers not accredited by us, these sellers may apply different service charges. Find out what these charges are before starting the booking process with them.
6.1. For sales made via the websites or via our call centers, the service charges payable per person are included in the price published on the websites.
6.2. The service charges applicable to sales made via call center are higher than those applicable to sales made via the websites, and the final fare to be paid booked by phone may therefore be higher than the published fare; Refer to Appendix 1.
7. We collect taxes and charges on behalf of States, authorities and airports (YQ taxes shall not be considered a tax or a charge). These taxes and charges are paid to these States, authorities and airports in their entirety. They may be revised at any time without prior notice, even after you buy your ticket. By accepting the General Conditions of Sale, you consent to such revisions. If you do not travel and your ticket is no longer valid, only the individualized taxes and charges will be refunded to you upon request. Refund should take place within 30 days from the receipt of the request. Depending on your destination, some charges or taxes are not refunded (see Appendix 2). Only the taxes and charges which are collected because of the passenger boarding will be refunded. Costs may apply. They will be automatically deducted from the refund. Costs will not exceed 20% of the refund.
8. You must pay the fare, Carrier Imposed Charges and the taxes, duties, charges and supplements in the currency of the country in which the ticket was issued, unless we indicate at or before the time of payment that you must use another currency. We may decide to accept payment in another currency.
9. If you use a payment card issued by a foreign bank, this bank may apply additional conversion charges.
10. The order of use of the flight coupons governs the pricing of each ticket. The coupons must therefore be used in sequential order (coupon 1 must be used before coupon 2, etc.).
10.1. If the coupons are not used in sequential order, we will recalculate the fare applicable to your new itinerary and you must pay the additional charge applicable to the route you actually followed. (if your ticket is non changeable, you will not be allowed to change the sequential order of the coupons, your ticket will be lost and you will have to buy a new ticket). If your ticket is changeable:
The price can be higher to the price initially paid and if you refuse to pay the additional fee applicable to your new journey, you will not be allowed to board. You will, however, still be entitled to use your ticket if you follow the initial route on the date shown on your ticket.
10.2. To change the order in which coupons are used, you must contact us by telephone no later than 48 hours after the departure time of the flight that has not been used and pay the additional fee and service charges (please call our call centers during their opening hours). If we find that coupon 1 has not been used and you have not contacted us within the allotted time, coupon 2 is canceled. If you contact us after the deadline, subject to availability of seat, coupon 2 may nevertheless be issued again subject to the payment of the additional fee as well as the service charge.
10.3. Example: you buy a ticket consisting of coupon 1: Paris CDG – New York JFK and coupon 2: New York JFK - Paris CDG. You will not be able to travel on the New York JFK - Paris CDG flight until you have flown on your Paris CDG- New York JFK flight. If you have not traveled on the flight Paris CDG - New York JFK, and subject to your initial ticket being changeable, you must contact us within 48 hours after the departure time of the flight that has not been used (time shown on the ticket) to ensure that you keep your booking on the flight New York JFK - Paris CDG. You will have to pay the applicable fare for the trip you wish to take. If you do not contact us within the time limit, your transportation on the New York JFK - Paris CDG route is canceled and you take the risk that the place is sold.
11. The only payment cards accepted are Visa and Mastercard.
12. When you pay, and when you check in at each airport of departure, we may require you to show us:
12.1. A copy or the original of the payment card used to pay for your ticket;
12. 2. A copy or the original of the identity document of the holder of the payment card;
12. 3. A declaration from the card-holder confirming authorization to use his/her card to purchase the ticket concerned.
If you are not able to provide these documents, the ticket may not be issued or we may deny your boarding.
13. When a cash payment is made, additional fees and / or commissions may apply. They are at your expense. We do not accept payments by check.
1. Depending on its fare category, a ticket may be modifiable and/or refundable.
2. The conditions for the modification and refunding of unused tickets are specified in the table below.
3. Carrier Imposed Charges (including YQ charge) can only be refunded when the fare is refundable.
4. Service fees (unless the cancellation is made by the seller) and/or insurance or assistance charges are not refundable.
|Fare type||Description||Fare rules|
Booking classes: E/U/X/P/R
|Ticket is non-refundable, no changes permitted.||
Ticket is non-refundable, no changes permitted. The fare is valid only for dates shown on the ticket. The flight coupons must be used in chronological order. Infant discounts (less than 2 year-old): a) 90% discount on the Eco Prom fare (excluding taxes) on all long haul flights, without seat; b) infants travelling with seat, no discount (adult fare applies).
When combining on a half roundtrip basis the penalty rules for each fare component apply respectively. For services onboard please check flight description on our website and General Sales Conditions.
Baggage allowance for this fare: (i) one piece of luggage max 20KG for adults, children and infants with seat or (ii) one piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 23 kilos for each adult, child of infant with seat when flying from/to French West Indies and Reunion Island. (iii) for infants without seat, one piece with a maximum weight of 10 kg for long haul flights. In cabin: one piece of carry-on luggage max 5KG for adults, children and infants.
For more information, please refer to XL AIRWAYS General Conditions of Carriage.
Booking classes: V/H/T/L/M/Q/O
|Ticket is non-refundable, changes permitted according to fare rules.||
For more information, please see XL AIRWAYS General Conditions of Carriage.
Booking classes: Y/S/K
|Ticket is refundable and changeable according to fare rules.||
Cancellation and refund at least 12 hours before first original scheduled flight, penalty of EUR 260/USD 350 on all long haul flights applies including but not limited to French West Indies and Reunion Island. Beyond 12 hours and before the second original flight: per unused Eco Flexible fare coupon, penalty of 50% of the Eco Flexible fare applies. Beyond 12 hours before second original flight, refund is no longer possible. Service charges are non-refundable.
Date changes permitted latest 12 hours before originally scheduled flight. In that case, in addition to the potential fare difference, modification fee applies as follows: EUR 30 / USD 50 per ticket on all long haul flights including but not limited to French West Indies and Reunion Island. In any event, in addition to the penalty fee, any change of reservation may cause an additional charge if the original booking class is not available on the new flight selected.
The fare is valid only for dates shown on the ticket. The flight coupons must be used in chronological order. Any use of the ticket coupons in a non-chronological order will cause, in addition to the potential fare difference an additional charge of EUR 30 / USD 50 per ticket on all long haul flights including but not limited to French West Indies and Reunion Island.
Discount for infants (less than 2 year-old): a) 90% discount on the Eco Flexible fare (excluding taxes) on long haul flights, without seat. b) with seat, discount for children apply.
For more information, please see XL AIRWAYS General Conditions of Carriage.
8. Modification, refund or cancellation procedure
8.1. If your fare so allows, you may cancel or modify your ticket via the call centers (refer to article I.1.3) or the address: www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us.
8.2. Unless otherwise specified on the ticket or in the booking, we will refund either the ticket-holder or the person who paid for the ticket.
8.3. If a refund is paid to one of the persons specified above, it cannot then be paid to the other.
8.4. No refunds will be granted after the ticket's expiry date.
8.5. Refunds are made in the currency in which the ticket was purchased.
8.6. Refunds are made to the payment card used to make the purchase. The bank that issued the card may deduct charges from the refund. Any such charges will be borne by you. Exchange rate variations may also come into play. The amount that you receive as a refund may therefore be less than the price that you paid. These costs will be borne solely by you.
8.7. If a ticket has been presented to us or to a country's immigration authorities as proof of departure from the country concerned, we may refuse to reimburse you for it, unless you provide us with sufficient proof to establish (i) your right to remain in the country to which we carried you, or (ii) that you will be leaving with another carrier. We may demand that you provide us with a declaration of honor confirming your intention to leave the country to which we have carried you.
If available, the following terms and conditions set out below apply to the sale of any Additional Service but XL AIRWAYS FRANCE has no obligation to deliver these services.
1. Conditions specific to the purchase of an Additional Service
1.1. The prices applicable to Additional Services are those in effect on the date of purchase of the Additional Service in question.
1.2. Additional Services may be available on the aircraft of XL AIRWAYS France or the airlines to which it subcontracts.
1.3. An Additional Service is not a check-in system and does not replace check-in.
1.4. All purchases of Additional Services are final and definitive. They are not exchangeable, refundable (except in the event of non-performance by the airline) or modifiable. They are valid solely for a named beneficiary and are not transferable.
1.5. Modifications are not possible. In the event of modification or cancellation on your part, the full price shall be payable.
1.6. Each Additional Service may only be used for the flight for which it was purchased. A change of flight (cancellation or postponement of travel to a different date or time) initiated by you or by the people for whom the Additional Service was purchased shall not entitle you to claim a refund or to transfer the service onto another flight.
2. Seat selection on an XL Airways France flight
At check-in, you will be assigned a seat free of charge. However, you may wish to select a specific seat in advance. The following provisions apply to this Additional Service.
- A "Comfort Seat" is an extra-wide, leather seat in a separate cabin at the front of the aircraft.
- A "Leather seat at the front of the aircraft" is a standard leather seat at the front of the aircraft in a separate area to the standard seats.
- A "First-Row Seat" is a seat identified as such at the time of booking, with extra legroom compared to the other seats in the cabin in the same travel class.
- An "Exit Seat" is a seat located close to the aircraft's emergency exits. It is identified as such at the time of booking and is subject to restrictions regarding booking and use.
- A "Standard Seat" (window or aisle) is a seat chosen by the customer which does not qualify as a Comfort Seat, a First-Row Seat, an Exit Seat, a Leather Seat at the front of the aircraft, a Limited-Comfort Seat or a window or aisle seat.
- A "Limited-Comfort Seat" is a standard seat that is non-reclining or central.
- A "Leg" is a one-way flight operating under an XLF or SE flight number. Example:
- A flight from Paris CDG to Las Vegas is a Leg
- A flight from New York JFK to Paris CDG is a Leg
- "WCH" passengers are passengers requiring the use of a wheelchair, be it temporarily or permanently.
2.1. Booking conditions
2.1.1. Some seats cannot be booked. Only some flights run by the airline offer this service. This Additional Service is offered subject to the selections already made and the restrictions attached to each seat.
2.1.2. All Additional Services must be booked and paid for in advance 96 hours before the departure of the flight for which you have a ticket. After this time, the Services can no longer be booked.
2.1.3. With the exception of window or aisle seats or Standard Seats and Limited-Comfort Seats, which are assigned free-of-charge, seat selection at check-in may give rise to the charges specified in the General Conditions of Sale.
2.1.4. Seat Selection cannot be considered as an upgrade service.
2.1.5. Bookings are made online, except for selections of (i) seats with room for a cradle or (ii) seats for:
- Children aged under two years on the date of the flight,
- Persons with limited mobility, including WCH, and/or
- Unaccompanied minors, and
which can be booked at www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us until four days before departure, or by phone to the call center from Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm only (Paris (France) time).
The booking is only valid once you have received confirmation of the Service, sent by email to the address of the person who made the request.
2.1.6. Booking is only available for the class of travel purchased under the contract of carriage. (For example, if you are traveling in economy class, you can only book a seat in economy class).
2.1.7. If you are upgraded free-of-charge on board, you will not be refunded.
2.1.8. If you have already purchased the Seat Selection service in economy class and you also purchase an upgrade, the price of the Seat Selection service will be refunded for each person upgraded. You must send your request to www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us. Subject to availability and operating restrictions, we will endeavor to assign you a seat in a similar position to the one you initially pre-booked, but this cannot be guaranteed.
2.1.9. Seats are assigned to named individuals and cannot be transferred to other passengers.
2.1.10. All purchases of Additional Services are final and definitive. If you choose to travel on another flight, your Seat Selection may not be transferred onto another flight and you will not be refunded.
2.1.11. If you do not pay the amounts owed and, as a consequence, we cancel your ticket, the price of the Seat Selection will not be refunded.
2.2. Conditions of performance
2.2.1. Seat numbers are disclosed for information only. Without any right for a refund, aseat with a different number but complying with your requirements may be granted as an alternative.
2.2.2. Pursuant to the conditions of the contract of carriage reproduced on the airplane ticket or in the XL Airways France General Conditions of Carriage, the airline may, without prior notice, use other aircraft, including those of other airlines. Consequently, if the airplane changes, we will endeavor to assign you a similar seat. In such an event, there will be no refund for the Seat Selection service. If this is not the case on request at www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us, we will refund the cost of the improperly-performed service.
2.2.3. Despite your seat reservation, we may refuse to assign pre-booked seats due to an Act of God, for security or safety reasons or due to operating constraints not foreseen at the time of sale. If this happens, we will do our best to assign you a similar seat. In such an event, there will be no refund for the Seat Selection service. If this is not the case, on request at www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us, we will refund the cost of the improperly-performed service.
2.2.4. You must show up for check-in at least thirty (30) minutes before the check-in deadline stipulated on the notification or any other document. If you show up after the check-in deadline, you will not be allowed on the flight and may not request a refund for the Seat Selection service. If you do not travel and/or one or more people for whom the Services were purchased do not show up, you will not be refunded.
2.2.5. Operating restrictions
a. When you book a seat, you must read the operating restrictions applicable to that seat and expressly declare that the person who will occupy the seat meets all the requirements. In such cases, you act as an agent for the person who will occupy the seat and this person is bound by these General Conditions of Sale. You therefore guarantee for and on behalf of this person that he/she will comply with the operating restrictions and with these General Conditions of Sale.
b. If the person occupying a seat does not meet the applicable conditions on the day of the flight, we will assign him/her a different seat and no refund will be given (e.g. for safety reasons, seats at the emergency exits cannot be assigned to children. If a seat has been purchased for a child, the child and the adult accompanying him/her will be moved and will not be entitled to a refund).
c. The operating restrictions applicable to certain seats and certain passengers are detailed below as a guide. The operating restrictions applicable to each seat are detailed at the time of booking. The list below is not exhaustive.
Seats at emergency exits: passengers who fall into one of the excluded categories detailed below may not be assigned such seats:
- Passengers with temporarily or permanently limited mobility (including deaf, blind and partially-sighted people and passengers with physical or mental disabilities);
- Minors who have not reached their sixteenth birthday (including infants),
- whether accompanied by an adult or not;
- A corpulent passenger who may hinder access to the emergency exits;
- Pregnant women;
- A passenger traveling with an animal in the cabin;
- A passenger who is afraid of flying;
- A passenger who has been arrested and/or is being returned to his/her country of origin;
- A passenger who is not proficient in French or English.
Only seats immediately next to a window may be pre-booked by passengers with WCH status except on flights to which 14 CFR Part 382 applies.
We recommend that corpulent passengers seek advice from us before pre-selecting their seat or purchasing a second seat.
2.3.1. If you do not comply with these General Conditions of Sale or the General Conditions of Carriage, you will not be reimbursed for any services not performed.
2.3.2. Complaints: While on board, you must speak to the crew in order to remedy any failure to provide a service you have paid for. If the error cannot be remedied on board, you may make a complaint to us at www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us. If you do not, then your complaint cannot be processed and you will not be refunded.
2.3.3. Some passengers may be offered a service free-of-charge. If this service is canceled or remains fully or partially unperformed, the passenger shall not be entitled to any refund.
2.3.4. Subject to the provisions of these General Conditions of Sale, where a service paid for is not performed, we will refund part or all of the amounts you have paid us in this respect, according to whether the service was performed partially or not at all. The refund will be made to the person who paid for the Service.
3. Sale of Excess Baggage
3.1. Each ticket entitles the passenger to carry the number of items of luggage included in the stated baggage allowance. The Additional Service "Excess Baggage" allows you, before the check-in deadline, to purchase the right to carry additional items of luggage or additional weight.
3.2. All purchases of excess baggage are final and definitive. A receipt will be sent to the email address specified during your purchase.
3.3. At check-in, you must provide the receipt for your excess baggage purchase in order to benefit from the additional allowance.
3.4. If you wish to make a complaint, see the General Conditions of Carriage. If you do not make a complaint in accordance with these conditions, then your complaint cannot be processed and you will not receive any refund.
3.5. Once your luggage has been checked in, our responsibility for it is determined by the applicable international conventions and by the General Conditions of Carriage of XL Airways France.
3.6. Customers who are upgraded on board shall not be entitled to a refund for any Additional Services purchased.
4. Sale of Meals
4.1. Each ticket entitles the passenger to the on-board services applicable to the relevant flight if any. However, you may choose to buy a different meal which may be served on board.
4.2. Sale of Meals is only available from certain airports. Please, contact us.
4.3. Purchase of meal is only available through our website.
4.4. Purchase of Meal shall be booked and paid in advance and simultaneously at least 96 hours before the departure of the flight on which you wish the meal to be served. After that time, purchase of meal is no longer available.
4.5. Purchase of meal is final and definitive. If you change your flight, the purchased Meal cannot be transferred onto another flight and you will not be refunded.
4.6. The purchased meal replaces the standard meal served to other passengers without any refund.
4.7. Purchase of Meal cannot be considered as an upgrade service.
4.8. A receipt will be sent to the email address specified during the purchase process.
4.9. If you owe us money, your flight ticket may be canceled and no refund will occur for the purchase of Meal.
4.10. Complaints: While on board, you must refer to the crew in order to remedy any failure to provide a service you have paid for. If the error cannot be remedied on board, you may make a complaint to us at www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us.
5. Rental of tablets
5.1. On certain flights, we rent tactile tablets which are owned by Interactive Mobility, a “société par actions simplifiée” company with a variable capital of 30,000 euros, whose registered office is located at 211 rue de l'Université, 75007 Paris - France and whose registration number is 791 674 336 (RCS of Paris).
5.2. The number of tactile tablets available for rental is limited.
5.3. The rental is limited to the duration of the flight, each tablet must be returned when collected by the crew according to our procedures. The shelf and any accessories must be returned by the tenant in the same condition as when handed over to the tenant.
5.4. Unless reported to you by our staff, the tablet is deemed to be in good condition and in good working order.
5.5. For the duration of the rental, except our fault, that of one of our servants or agents, you assume the custody of the tablet and as such, you are responsible for any damage, theft or loss that may be suffered during the term of the lease.
5.6. The rental price per section of the tactile tablet is given in section 6.4. The rental price includes access to the premium XL Cloud Pack. The Premium XL Cloud Pack is marketed by the company Immfly S.L. Refer to Article VII.2. Claims concerning the service, content of the pack or relating to "XL Cloud" must be addressed to this company whose details are given in Article VIII.2. of the General Conditions of Sale.
6. Price of Additional Services
6.1. Price of the Seat Selection Service per Leg
|Seat type||Price per seat per leg|
|Confort Seat (large leather seats and extra leg room||100 euros|
|Seat in front of the economic Cabin or duo Seat||20 euros, regardless if middle, window or aisle seat|
|Front or Exit Row Seat||50 euros, regardless if middle, window or aisle seat|
|Standard seat (window or aisle)||15 euros // Free for Eco Flexible tickets|
|Standard seat (middle or non-reclining)||10 euros // Free for Eco Flexible tickets|
6.2. Prices applicable to purchases of excess baggage per Leg and made online
The purchase of the "Excess Baggage" Additional Service shall in no event include luggage insurance or a special declaration of interest.
|Type of service||Rate/fee per additional and optional baggage1 per item and per leg|
1 Such rates are only available for standard1 baggage weighing 20 kilos or less (Except for the French Antilles, La Réunion and Saint Martin lines, 23 kilos per luggage maximum)
Special rates for pets, oversized items or sport equipment apply, purchase of excess baggage for such items is not available online. You may purchase such excess baggage at check-in : Refer to the General Conditions of Carriage.
2 the price provided above is only available for purchases made online and with call centers established in France, USA, and Israel. Other rates apply at Check-in and are set out in the General Conditions of Carriage, to which you should refer.
6.3 Prices applicable to the purchase of Meal per Leg
|Menu||Fee per meal and per leg (additional and optional purchase online)1|
|Vegetarian/Vegan Meal||10 euros (without drink)|
|Child Meal||10 euros (without drink)|
|Gourmet Meal (Collection of International Cuisine)||from 16 to 20 Euros with one drink included (wine, beer or soft drinks)|
|Kosher Meal||14 Euros (without drink)|
|Muslim Meal||10 euros (without drink)|
|Gluten Free Meal||14 Euros (without drink)|
1 the prices provided above are only available for purchases made online and with call centers established in France, USA, and Israel
6.4 Prices applicable for rental of tablets
|Type of service||Price per tablet per leg|
|Tablet rental including premium pack XL Cloud||15 euros|
1. We may have a presence on social networks (Twitter®, Facebook®, etc) but complaints submitted via social networks will not be processed.
2. Our responsibility with regard to the flight is governed by international conventions, which impose an obligation on you to make your complaint within a certain time limit. These time limits are set out in the General Conditions of Carriage, to which you should refer.
3. In any event, if you owe us money, no refund will occur.
4. For any claim, you agree to personally contact XL Airways France's Customer Relations Department (www.xl.com/fr/contactez-nous or in English version : www.xl.com/en/contact-us or www.xl.com/us/contact-us) before requesting the intervention of a third party to represent you (associations, collection company, lawyer), Or before bringing an action before the courts. The purpose of this clause is not to limit your right to a legal remedy but to ensure that the quickest and least expensive option for both parties can be tried first. In return, we undertake to send you a detailed response within 60 days of receipt of your complaint.
5. After entering the Customer Relations Department of XL Airways France and failing a satisfactory reply within 60 days, you can contact the Tourism and Travel Mediator, whose contact details are: MTV Médiation Tourisme Voyage - BP 80 303 - 75 823 Paris Cedex 17 - France; The details of the referral are specified on the site: www.mtv.travel.
6. In addition, the European Union has set up an online platform to facilitate the handling and friendly resolution of cross-border disputes. Complaints can be filed here: http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Nevertheless, we invite you to join our Customer Relations department.
7. If you have made a flight to or from the United States, you have the option of filing a claim with the US Department of Transportation, By mail: Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., Washington, DC 20590 or here: https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer
We are partnered with sites that provide the specific services listed in the Partnership tabs of our sites.
We therefore provide access through our websites to the booking engines of our partners, identified below, and put you in touch with them. During the flight, you can also buy or book products and services. Any purchase or booking made directly with this partner is therefore subject exclusively to the partner's conditions of sale. These services are totally distinct and do not form part of the contract of carriage.
In some cases, we offer you to purchase insurance coverage from an insurance company.
These coverages are offered by Europ Assistance hereinafter defined "the Insurer".
By offering insurance, we put you in touch with the Insurer. Purchase of insurance by us can only take place simultaneously with the purchase of your ticket. Any subsequent subscription to your purchase is not possible.
When you purchase insurance, before confirming your purchase, you agree to the Insurer's general insurance and assistance provisions and this purchase will certify that each insured person, the "Insured", is domiciled in France and that the journey does not exceed 90 days.
To find out how to make a claim or claim assistance, we recommend that you print and keep with you and throughout your trip the general Insurance and Assurance provisions of the Insurer that contain Essential information on the guarantees subscribed and the emergency numbers to be contacted in case of accident or hospitalization. Insurance premiums are not refundable, in whole or in part, even in the event of cancellation or modification of the ticket before or after your departure. However, under the conditions stipulated by the article L112-10 of the Insurance Code, you have a period of 14 calendar days from your purchase to waive this insurance, without penalty or fees if you justify coverage For one of the risks covered by the insurance subscribed by us.
2. Entertainment on board
By offering on-board entertainment services, we put you in touch with our partners. In case of complaints, you must contact these partners directly.
The SkyLights 3D immersive glasses are owned by SkyLights SARL, a company registered under the number 809 577 133 and not the registered office at 231 rue Pierre and Marie Curie, Vallée de l ' IOT, 31670 Labège, France. The "SkyLights" immersive 3D glasses are rented by the French company Dutyfly Solutions SAS, whose head office is located in Roissy-en-France (95), 6 rue du Meunier BP17014 95722 Roissy CDG Cedex. The prices of the site of the 3D immersive glasses "SkyLights" are indicated on our website.
|Type of service||Price per leg|
|Premium pack XL Cloud||9,95 euros|
|Tablet rental including Premium pack XL Cloud||15 euros|
|3D immersive glasses Skylights||15 euros|
Pursuant to French law 78-17 on Information Technology and Freedoms, customers are notified that their order is processed by a computerized system which stores personal data about them. You can exercise your right to access, delete and amend the data about you by contacting us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller is XL Airways France S.A.
The data are collected in order to carry out, if applicable, (i) customer management operations regarding especially loyalty program, The follow-up of the customer relation such as the information of the customer orders in case of irregularity of flight, the realization of satisfaction surveys,
the management of claims, and customer support department, (ii) for marketing purposes (Including the management of technical prospecting operations (especially technical operations such as standardization, enrichment and deduplication), the selection of individuals for loyalty, prospecting, study, survey, test Product and promotion, carrying out solicitation operations, (iii) for producing trade statistics, and (iv) to organize competitions, prize draws or promotional operations (Excluding online gambling and gambling subject to the approval of the Online Gambling Regulatory Authority), (iv) the assignment, lease or exchange of client files and (V) the update of prospecting files by the organization in charge of managing the opposition list to cold calling, (vi) managing requests for rights of access, rectification and opposition; (Vii) management of arrears and litigation, and (viii) management of persons' opinions on products, services or content.
The data necessary to process your order are transferred to our subcontractors and to the authorities that require them. Only the data necessary for the specific purpose are transferred.
a. Use of data
The information you communicate to us allows us to process and perform your orders. In accordance with Article 32 of the French Law on Information Technology and Freedoms of 6 January 1978, as amended by law 2004-801 of 6 August 2004, the information essential for the processing and performance of orders is indicated with an asterisk.
The other information requested, which is optional, and the information concerning your interests, are included to allow us to get to know our users better and thus improve the services we offer.
Unless you inform us that you do not wish us to, we may communicate information concerning you to companies within our group, in particular our subsidiaries, and also transfer this information to third parties inside or outside of the European Union, such as subcontractors or authorities in the countries of departure or destination, the countries in which you are making a connection or those over which you are flying. For flights to the United States, all the information provided at the time of booking is directly accessible to the American authorities. . As among others, from January 1st, 2015, pursuant to the French Code de la Sécurité Intérieure (CSI), carriers are required to provide to French authorities, passenger data recorded in the booking and departure control systems for flights from/to the French territories. Other authorities from different countries may also have access to the data about you.
Other countries apart from the United States demand the prior transmission of your personal details. You can obtain more detailed information on these procedures, including the measures in place to protect your personal data, by contacting us.
Thus, the purchase of a flight implies consent to the transfer of your personal data, and those of the people receiving the purchased services, to companies within our group, in particular our subsidiaries, to the airline's subcontractors (including in foreign countries) foreign subsidiaries and to the relevant authorities (including foreign authorities) when required. Failure to provide data, or the provision of inaccurate data, will result in your not be allowed to check in, board or enter your country of destination or transit and we shall bear no liability towards you in this respect.
In accordance with law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Files and Freedoms, you have the right to access and amend your data and to oppose its transmission. However, this may result in the cancellation of your journey or prevent you from benefiting from the additional services ordered.
We keep data concerning bank cards for the purposes of providing proof in intermediate archives for the period stated in the French Monetary and Financial Code. We have implemented technical measures to prevent illegitimate reuse of these data or any re-identification of the cards concerned.
To secure on-line financial transactions and to prevent fraud, a fraud detection system has been implemented. Some personal data may be transferred to our subcontractors which may be established outside the European Union.
b. Communications from XL Airways France
We may, by mail and email and particularly through direct marketing mailing lists, send you information to familiarize you with our services and help you to make better use of them, to inform you of promotional offers and to propose offers from our partners, subject to your prior consent.
c. Right to object
In accordance with the French Law on Information Technology and Freedoms, you have the right to object to, access, modify, rectify and delete data about you, which you may exercise:
- Either by sending a letter to XL Airways France at the mail address stated in article I.a.- Definitions,
- Or by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
To unsubscribe from one of our types of communication, you can also exercise your right to object:
- By clicking on the link at the bottom of an email from the seller: "If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from the seller, click here". Important: this request will only have been taken into account if a confirmation message has been displayed to that effect. If this is not the case, send an e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the email address to be unsubscribed.
- Directly from the website's "Newsletter" section. This request is taken into account immediately by a robot and is confirmed by an HTML page. If this page is not displayed, it may be that the request has not been taken into account. Web users should then use the "mailto" feature to email email@example.com.
If you exercise your right not to be contacted for marketing purposes, we will keep your data for a minimum of three years and will not use them for any purpose other than ensuring that we do not contact you.
In order to provide you with the best possible service, our website uses "cookies".
A cookie is a simple text file placed on or read by your computer or mobile device which can be used, for example, to keep a record of your browsing activity, Internet searches and preferences, or retain information during online booking. Thanks to the cookies we use, every time you visit our website, the settings you chose in previous sessions are remembered and your browsing experience is enhanced as a result. Depending on the country, the cookies used may vary. The information they contain can only be modified by the issuer of the cookie.
You can, however, choose not to accept cookies. Your web browser settings allow you to select which cookies you are happy to have installed on your computer or mobile device.
If you have not configured your browser and continue to visit the website, you are assumed to accept that cookies can be installed on your computer or device. You are nonetheless entitled to alter your browser's cookie settings each time you visit the website.
We set out in detail below the various types of cookie used on our website.
Cookies that are essential for web browsing
Some cookies are regarded as essential for web browsing. Without them, browsing on the website is disjointed and it is impossible to access certain services.
These cookies are intended for use of the main features of our website, such as displaying sales and statutory information related to your tickets or transport, accessing your booking data, purchasing tickets and tracking the website viewed before viewing our website. These cookies do not collect personal information.
The cookies enable us to keep a record of advertisements, to see how many web users have clicked on them and where they browsed subsequently. This enables us to pay the various parties involved in the distribution of these adverts. They also enable us to maintain statistics.
If you opt to disable these cookies, you will not be able to access certain website features, such as booking services, ticket purchasing, viewing your booking(s) and other features. This may prevent us from providing pre-contractual information, for which we cannot then be held responsible.
So-called "performance cookies" are intended to help us understand how our website is used by web users, make it more efficient and in particular, assess the performance of our advertising campaigns. They let us know, for example, how long you stay on a particular page on the website, the number of visits per page, the number of error messages and the number of clicks made in different areas of the website.
These cookies also allow us to establish statistics, to determine the volume of traffic on the website and provide us with feedback on ergonomics and usability in order to improve user experience.
They equally enable us to correct any technical problems that may arise.
You can disable them without any impact on your browsing.
So-called "personalisation" cookies remember the website as it was on your last visit, or almost. They record your choices and preferences, especially as regards cookies, but also cover items such as the language of the browser used, the location from which you are viewing the website, the browser used, the screen resolution, the operating system used and the content of your last search, which enables us to pre-fill certain elements in any new search.
You can disable these cookies but some pages may not be displayed correctly and it will therefore be impossible for us to provide you with a website that features your preferred settings.
Targeting cookies and targeted advertising cookies
Targeted advertising cookies tell us how effective the advertising campaigns run with our partners have been. Our advertising partners are therefore provided with the results of these advertising effectiveness surveys. Furthermore, with our agreement, advertisers can store cookies on your computer or mobile device in order to limit the appearance of adverts or measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
As regards targeting cookies, these are intended to learn about you by recording the web pages you view on the website, but also web pages that you viewed during recent browsing sessions or just before visiting our site. They also help us promote our services and special offers, and adapt them in relation to your browsing or personalisation data and/or your personal data. These cookies are equally used to know if you have already purchased services on our website.
If there are several people using the same computer or mobile device, we cannot be sure that your settings will be applied.
In line with your settings, third-party companies can store cookies on your computer or mobile device. It is then the confidentiality policy of this company that applies.
The purpose of these cookies is as follows. They are used to:
- Keep a record of the number of times advertising content has been displayed in our advertising spaces, identify the adverts displayed and the number of users that have clicked on each advert; this enables the sums due to be calculated and statistics to be created.
- Identify your terminal to make payment
- Recognise your computer or mobile device the next time you browse on any other website or service on which the third-party ad server has also placed cookies and, where applicable, adapt these websites and third-party services, or the adverts they display, to the browsing settings of your computer or mobile device.
- Adapt the presentation of third-party content to the display preferences of your device (language used, screen resolution, operating system used, etc.).
- Remember information contained in forms that you have filled in for these third parties (subscription to one of their services) or on products, services or information you have chosen from the relevant third party: purchase of service from a third party, etc.
Browsing on our website implies that you authorise us to install cookies on your computer or mobile device, unless you have configured your browser beforehand. If you browse the website without first configuring your web browser, you can still change the settings at any time.
The settings can be changed in your web browser. The following Internet addresses may be useful in accessing your browser settings:
Use your web browser's "help" option to block, enable or allow cookies, or to receive notifications.
To help you, here is a list of links to instructions about changing cookie settings for the most common web browsers:
- Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Safari™: http://safari.helpmax.net/en/privacy-and-security/managing-cookies/
- Safari™ on iPhone (IOS): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
For more information about cookies or targeted advertising, you can click on the following links: www.youronlinechoices.eu and http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to manage our commercial relationship with you. However, some data, which provide evidence of a right or a contract, or which we have a legal obligation to keep, are kept in accordance with the law in force.
Customer data used for marketing purposes are kept for three years after the end of the commercial relationship. Data on prospective customers who are not existing customers are used for marketing purposes and kept for three years from the date of collection or from the date of the last contact initiated by you.
At the end of this three-year period, we may make contact with the prospective customer again in order to find out whether or not he/she wishes to continue to receive marketing approaches. If no clear positive answer is given by the person in question, his/her data will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
When you exercise your right to access or rectify your data, we may ask you to provide proof of identity, which may then be kept for one year. If you exercise your right to object, this proof of identity will be kept for three years.
f. Partner sites
You may, using the hyperlinks on the site or having been redirected, access partner sites that are not governed by these data protection provisions. You should therefore examine the rules applicable to the use and disclosure of the information you have provided on these sites.
It is expressly agreed that, unless we have committed a manifest error, the data kept in our information systems and those of our contractors, and particularly in the e-mail tools we use, shall constitute proof of the orders made and the execution of both your and our obligations. The data that we keep on computerized or electronic media shall constitute proof and, if we produce them as evidence in any litigation or other proceedings, they shall be admissible, valid and binding as between you and us, in the same way, in the same conditions and with the same evidential weight as any document produced, received or kept in writing.
2. Partial nullity
The total or partial nullity of any of the clauses in the General Conditions of Sale shall not render the other provisions or the contract as a whole null and void.
3. Indirect harm
Unless otherwise specified in the General Conditions of Sale or the General Conditions of Sale of Sale, in the event of non-performance or incorrect performance of the contract, be it by you or by us, only direct harm to the other party will give rise to damages. Any indirect and/or consequential harm is excluded.
4. Compliance with laws
When non-performance or imperfect performance results from compliance with the law, a regulation or an international convention governing us or any of our contractors, neither we nor any of our contractors may be held liable.
French law, regulation or international convention that is in conflict with the General Conditions of Sale shall take precedence over them.
5. Applicable law
For the purposes of assessing their validity, their interpretation and their performance, these General Conditions of Sale, as well as the contract of carriage, shall be governed by French law.
Service charges per passenger and per ticket
|Type of flight||On the websites||By telephone|
|www.xl.com/us||French/Belgium call center||US/Mexican call center|
|LONG-HAUL FLIGHTS and Tel Aviv||10 EUR||14 USD||15 EUR||21 USD|
|MEDIUM-HAUL FLIGHTS (except Tel Aviv)||5 EUR||7 USD||10 EUR||15 USD|
Cash payments may incur additional fees and / or commissions.
For flights from/to the United States, the charges and taxes set out below shall not be refunded unless your fare is refunded:
- IRS International Arrival Tax,
- IRS International Departure Tax,
- FAA Passenger Facility Charge
*Les prix stipulés ci-dessus sont applicables uniquement aux achats effectués sur internet ou auprès de nos call centers1 et sont disponibles pour les bagages standards pesant au maximum 20 kg2 (sauf pour les lignes Antilles françaises, La Réunion et Saint Martin 23 kilo maximum par bagage).
1 Les tarifs détaillés ci-dessus ne sont accessibles que sur internet et auprès de nos call centers. A l’enregistrement en aérogare, les prix diffèrent et sont spécifiés dans les Conditions Générales de Transport.
2 Des tarifs spécifiques s’appliquent pour les animaux, les bagages hors format ou les équipements de sport, l’achat d’excédent bagages pour de tels éléments ne sont pas disponibles sur internet : les prix sont indiqués dans les Conditions Générales de Transport.
6.3. Prix du Service Plateau Repas par tronçon