Passengers with special requirements
Because every passenger is unique, XL Airways does all it can to meet your needs. The information below will help you plan your journey according to your own specific requirements.
Any questions? Contact our teams directly on 0892 692 123 (€0.35/min + cost of a local call) or use the form available here. From abroad, you can reach our team on +33 351 86 00 22.
XL Airways is an ally of choice for families on vacation! Whether you are travelling as a couple or with the whole clan in tow, we support you at every stage of your journey.
Children under the age of 2 are considered infants.
If the child reaches his second birthday before the way back, he/she will be considered as an infant on the outbound flight and child on the inbound flight.
Such bookings cannot be made through our website. Please contact our call center so they can assist you with your request :
From France : call 0892 692 123 (€0.35/min+ cost of a local call) from 8am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. Overseas : call +33 351 86 00 22.
To travel, they must be accompanied by an able-bodied adult, unless travelling with their parents, who may be minors. Each infant must have its own accompanying person (to travel with two babies, two ac-companying persons are required).
For regular flights (ticket number beginning 473-), the price for a baby passenger is set at 10% of the applicable adult rate excluding tax. The child does not occupy his/her own seat. He/she travels on the knees of his/her accompanying person.
For your comfort, and that of your baby, carrycots are available on select long-haul flights. Babybaskets may be used by children aged 9 months or less at the time of the journey, so that they can lie down during the flight. As the availability of these carrycots is limited, we would invite you to request one when making your reservation, whether it be through our call centre or through your travel agent. If you already have a ticket, contact our teams using the form available here.
Whether your child travels on your knees or in a carrycot, he or she is entitled to a baggage allowance of 10 kg. A upright stroller (buggy) can be carried free of charge. It will be labelled at check-in and taken away to the hold when you board. The first piece can be carried free of charge and additionnal pieces will be charged 50€ / $55.
Important: baby tickets do not include a meal tray. You should therefore bring with you the food your child will need during the flight (jars of baby food, bottles of formula, rusks, etc.). Our flight crew will provide you with the water you need to prepare feeding bottles and heat them up for you.
Children are passengers aged 2 or over who have not yet reached their 12th birthday.
- If your child is less than 5 years old, he/she must be accompanied by one of his parents (mother or father) or a designated accompanying adult.
- Between his/her 5th birthday and the day before his/her 12th birthday, he/she may travel accompanied by his/her parents or a designated accompanying adult. Alternatively, he/she may travel alone, in which case he/she will receive the Unaccompanied Minors (UM) service.
Your child's ticket includes the same baggage allowance as an adult ticket (more information on baggage available here).
On XL Airways, travelling alone is child's play!
The "UM" (unaccompanied minor) service is available for children aged 5 to 11. It includes personalised support from the airport of departure right up until arrival at the destination.
This service cannot be reserved via our website and is subject to a quota. Please contact our call centre on 0892 692 123 (€0.35/min + cost of a local call) to check availability and make a reservation.
Pregnant women may travel on XL Airways flights until the end of their 8th month of pregnancy.
However many months pregnant they are, they must be in possession of a medical certificate of good health issued by a doctor no more than 8 days before the scheduled departure of the flight, indicating that there is no reason why they should not make the flight in question. This certificate must specify how many months pregnant the passenger will be at the time of the trip and state that she is not suffering from any pathological conditions. For round trips, the medical certificate must explicitly authorize the bearer to fly for the entire duration of the trip.
Only a health professional may issue a decision as to the passenger's state of health. A medical certificate issued by a general practitioner is also acceptable.
Order a vegetarian / vegan meal for your next flight.
You must make your request no later than 96 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight and you can do so at the time of reservation, be it on our website, via our call centre or through your travel agent. If your ticket has already been issued, you can make the request directly online on My booking page.
Useful to know: XL Airways also offers Premium meals. To find out about this offer, see the "Additional Services" section.
Will you need special assistance on your upcoming XL Airways flight? Fill out the contact form available here to inform the airline. Important: your request is subject to acceptation of the airline and must be filled in on working days only. After this deadline, we will do everything we can to provide the necessary assistance, but can make no guarantees.
In order to help you travel in comfort, XL Airways offers the following services:
- Carriage of recognised assistance dogs in the cabin or in the hold, subject to national regulations;
- In addition to medical equipment, the carriage of a maximum of two items of mobility equipment per passenger with reduced mobility, including an electric wheelchair, provided that forty-eight (48) hours' advance notice is given, and subject to there being sufficient room on board the aircraft, without prejudice to the application of the legislation on dangerous goods;
- The making of all reasonable efforts to allocate seating to meet the needs of passengers with reduced mobility, at their request and subject to safety requirements and availability;
- Assistance in moving to toilet facilities, on request;
- The making of all reasonable efforts to place an accompanying person next to the passenger with reduced mobility.
All of these services must be requested via the contact form.
Important: XL Airways France does not accept stretcher cases or persons requiring oxygen ther-apy on its passenger or cargo flights.
On departure from and arrival at airports in non-EU member countries, XL Airways applies the regula-tions in force in the country in question.
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006, applicable to departures or arrivals at airports within the European Union, the airline may refuse to carry a passenger with reduced mobility:
- in order to meet applicable safety requirements, or
- if the size of the aircraft or its doors makes the embarkation or carriage of that person physically impossible.
We do all we can to ensure that every one of our passengers travels as comfortably as possible. The travel arrangements for passengers of large build vary depending on how you reserve your trip. Regardless of the situation, an additional seat will not be allocated automatically.
- When XL Airways is the contract air carrier, the passenger may be allowed to use an additional seat free of charge, if there is one available.
- When XL Airways is the operating carrier, passengers are strongly advised to check the sales policy of the tour operator, who shall have sole discretion as to whether to assign a second seat for a fee or free of charge.
Passengers who want to be sure of having two seats can reserve an extra seat from the airline's call centre on 0892 692 123 (€0.35/min + cost of a local call).
Passenger safety obligations may result in a passenger being denied boarding if a second seat is required.
On departure from and arrival at airports in non-EU member countries, XL Airways applies the regulations in force in the country in question.
Want to travel with your four-legged friend? You'll find all the information you need in this section of our site.